Delicious 4th July Blondies
Happy Independence Day to all the baking moms out there! Today, I’m going to share with you a delicious and easy recipe for the 4th of July Cake Bar Blondies with red and blue M&Ms. These blondies are the perfect sweet treat to enjoy with your family and friends while celebrating Independence Day.
4th July Cake Bars
These easy blondies recipe is perfect for a Fourth of July dessert with red and blue M&Ms. Enjoy them with a scoop of vanilla ice cream or whipped cream and a glass of cold milk for the perfect summer treat or one of the 4th July desserts.
They’re also great for picnics, potlucks, and other summer gatherings. So don’t forget to save the recipe to find again and again and bake for your family.
What are Blondies and how to do they differ from Brownies
Blondies and brownies are similar, gooey cake bars. But, a blondie is made with brown sugar and vanilla extract whereas a brownie uses chocolate and cocoa powder to make.
Subscribe for Tasty Treats Straight to your Inbox
Tips for making Blondies
- Always use parchment paper to line the pan or a specific pan liner this will prevent the blondies from burning
- You can make these in advance by storing them in an air-tight container at room temperature for up to 3-4 days or freeze them and defrost – frozen blondies will last up to 3 months. Just reheat when defrosted.
Ingredients for your Red, White and Blue Blondies
Makes: 15 bars
Prep Time: 10 Minutes
Bake Time: 25 minutes
- 2 ½ cups all purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup butter, melted
- 1 ¼ cup brown sugar
- ½ cup white sugar
- 3 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 2 cups Red, White, and Blue M&Ms
How to Make Your Patriotic Blondies
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and line a 9×13 baking pan with parchment paper.
2. Whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in a medium bowl. Set aside.
3. In a separate bowl, beat together the butter, brown sugar, and white sugar.
4. Add the eggs and vanilla and beat to combine.
5. Fold in the chocolate chips.
6. Spread the mixture evenly in the prepared baking sheet and top with the M&Ms.
7. Bake for 25 minutes, then allow to cool in the pan completely.
8. When the bars are cool, remove them from the pan and cut into squares before serving.
More Independence Day Dessert Recipes
- Make up a batch of our delicious Strawberry cupcakes for Independence Day.
- How about some ever so easy 4th of July Cookies
- American Flag Cake The recipe includes a made-from-scratch and using boxed cake mix whichever you prefer.
- This patriotic pavlova with watermelon stars is another fantastic July dessert recipe that will be a hit with all your family and friends.
- These sugar cookie bars are another great treat to share with others as you celebrate this year.
- American Flag Pound Cake served to your guests or to share with your family another delicious stars and stripes dessert that the family will enjoy.