Ever so Simple 4th of July Cookies
The Fourth of July is a time for celebration, and what better way to celebrate than by baking some delicious and festive cookies with your family? As a mom, I know how important it is to create fun and memorable moments with our children, especially on holidays like Independence Day. That’s why I want to share with you a simple and easy recipe for making Fourth of July cookies that are sure to impress your family and friends. These cookies are perfect for sharing at your backyard barbecue, picnic or just as a fun activity with your kids. So, gather your ingredients and let’s get started on making these patriotic treats!
Easy 4th of July Cookies
Cookies make a simple and easy treat to share with family and friends for celebrations throughout the year. These soft and chewy Independence Day cookies are delicious and great to make with the kids or for the family.
Check out our easy cookie recipes for even more delicious bakes you can make at home.
Ingredients for your Independence Day Cookie Recipe
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup butter at room temperature
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup red, white, and blue sprinkles
How to Make This 4th of July Recipe for Cookies
1. In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
Subscribe for Tasty Treats Straight to your Inbox
2. In a separate bowl, beat together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
3. Add the egg and vanilla extract and beat to combine.
4. Add the flour mixture and mix until a thick dough forms.
5. Cover and refrigerate the dough for a minimum of 2 hours.
6. When ready to bake, preheat the oven to 350 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
7. Use a cookie scoop to scoop and then roll the dough into a ball and coat in the sprinkles.
8. Place the cookies on the baking sheet and bake for 10 to 14 minutes, until the edges are golden brown.
9. Allow the cookies to cool on the baking sheet for five minutes, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
More 4th of July Desserts and Treats for the Family
- Make some delicious 4th of July Blondies for a picnic or dessert table
- Whip up these delicious Patriotic Strawberry Cupcakes with Buttercream Frosting