Sleepovers mean hungry kids first thing in the morning and these delicious bacon and egg breakfast pockets are so simple to make. With melted cheese, delicious bacon and scrambled eggs these go down a hit at the weekend with the kids. So here you go our recipe for Easy Weekend Bacon and Egg Breakfast Pockets that the kids love.
What Can I Use to Fill Crescent Roll Breakfast Pockets
There are endless possibilities for fillings for breakfast pockets made with crescent roll dough! Here are some ideas to get you started in addition to the egg bacon and cheese we have mentioned below:
- Sausage and egg: Cook up some breakfast sausage and scrambled eggs, then stuff them into the crescent roll pockets.
- Ham and cheese: Dice up some ham and mix it with shredded cheese. Stuff it into the crescent roll pockets.
- Spinach and feta: Sauté some spinach with garlic and onion, then mix it with crumbled feta cheese. Stuff it into the crescent roll pockets.
- Apple and cream cheese: Slice up some apples and mix them with softened cream cheese. Add a sprinkle of cinnamon and sugar, then stuff it all into the crescent roll pockets.
- Banana and Nutella: Slice up some bananas and spread Nutella onto the crescent roll pockets. Stuff the bananas inside and bake until golden brown.
- Blueberry and cream cheese: Mix together softened cream cheese and blueberries. Stuff the mixture into the crescent roll pockets and bake until golden brown.
- S’mores: Spread a layer of Nutella on the crescent roll pockets, then top with mini marshmallows and chocolate chips. Bake until the marshmallows are golden brown.
These are just a few ideas to get you started. Feel free to get creative and come up with your own unique fillings!
Ingredients for Easy Breakfast Bacon Egg and Cheese Pockets
- 1/3 cup milk
- 8 eggs
- 2 containers crescent rolls
- 2 cups shredded cheddar jack cheese
- 12 strips bacon, cooked and chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- Salt and pepper to taste
How to Make your Homemade Crescent Roll Breakfast Pockets for your Family
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. In a large bowl, whisk together milk and eggs. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
3. Scramble eggs over medium low heat in a large skillet, stirring constantly. When eggs are cooked through, remove from heat and set aside.
4. Separate the crescent rolls into eight rectangles, pinching together the seam in the center of each rectangle to seal.
5. Place eggs on one side of each rectangle.
6. Top the eggs with cheese and bacon.
7. Fold the other half of the crescent roll over the top of the eggs, bacon and cheese. Pinch the sides together to seal.
8. Place breakfast pockets on a baking sheet and bake in preheated oven for 20 to 25 minutes. Halfway through the baking time, remove breakfast pockets from oven and brush the tops with
9. Let breakfast pockets rest for five minutes before serving.
Weekend Breakfast Recipes the Family will Love!
More Recipes for Sleepover Breakfasts
- Easy Breakfast Waffles
- Crockpot Blueberry French Toast
- Sausage, egg, and cheese breakfast casserole
- Fresh Blueberry Waffles