Red Velvet Pancake Recipe
This easy and delicious red velvet pancake recipe is an ideal dessert or breakfast treat for Valentine’s Day for your loved ones. Simple to make and with a tasty cream cheese glaze they are perfect for surprising the kids and your partner this Valentine’s. So here you go our from-scratch yummy recipe for Red Velvet Pancakes.
Red Velvet Pancakes
We have included affiliate links to products we recommend. If you purchase via these links we may earn a small commission.
What’s not to like about chocolate pancakes, but for special occasions like a Valentine’s Day Breakfast it’s always good to present it as Red Velvet instead of just plain chocolate and everyone loves it.
This recipe will make you 12 red velvet pancakes with cream cheese frosting to go over them, just look at the picture below – how amazing do they look!
Check out these delicious and simple to make Red Velvet Cupcakes
One of the questions I often get asked is are red velvet pancakes good? Well I can only say that there are never any left when I make them and the kids ask for seconds which is always a good thing don’t you think!
What Ingredients do you Need for Red Velvet Pancakes
- 1 ¼ cups all purpose flour
- ¼ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- ¼ cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 ¼ cups milk
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon white vinegar
- 1 teaspoon red gel food coloring
What Ingredients do you Need for the Cream Cheese Glaze:
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- ½ cup powdered sugar sifted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 to 4 tablespoons milk
How do you Make Red Velvet Pancakes from Scratch
1. Preheat a skillet or griddle to medium heat.
2. Whisk together the flour, cocoa powder, sugar, baking soda, baking powder and salt in a large bowl. Set aside
3. In a separate bowl, mix together the milk, eggs, oil, vinegar, and red food coloring.
4. Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and stir until just combined.
5. Scoop ¼ cup of the pancake batter and pour it on the greased skillet. Cook until the pancake begins to bubble (2 to 3 minutes), then flip and cook for an additional 2 minutes.
6. Continue until all the batter has been used.
7. Prepare the cream cheese icing by whisking together the cream cheese, powdered sugar, vanilla, and 3 tablespoons of milk. Add more milk, if needed, to thin the glaze.
Drizzle the glaze over the top of the pancakes before serving.
Love Red Velvet Check out Some of these Other Recipes
- Red Velvet Waffles
- Red Velvet Cake – Sally’s Baking Addiction is my go to recipe
- Red Velvet Cake Mix Cookies
- Red Velvet Swirl Fudge