Black Forest Brownie Bars
Brownies are one of our favourite desserts and treats, they are so easy to make and this Cherry Pie Cheesecake Brownie recipe is delicious. Chocolate, cheesecake and cherries yummy it’s like my 3 favourite desserts rolled into 1. So here you go a delicious recipe that you can’t miss making this year Cherry Pie Brownie Bars.
Black Forest Brownies
Cherries and chocolate my favourite combination especially when I think of Black Forest gateaux. But, to be honest that takes a while to make and sometimes I want that flavour but without the faff of making it.
So these Black Forest Brownies were made and to add a little bit extra and get the cream into them like a Black Forest Gateaux, well cheesecake of course. It’s the perfect combinate and these little bars taste simply delicious.
So here you go – a full printable recipe can be found below.
Subscribe for Tasty Treats Straight to your Inbox
Ingredients for Cherry Pie Brownies
- 1 C melted unsalted butter (cooled slightly)
- 2 1/2 C sugar
- 1 TBSP vanilla
- 4 large eggs (room temp)
- 1 1/2 C flour
- 1 C cocoa
- 1/2 tsp salt
Cherry Cheesecake Filling Ingredients:
- 8 oz cream cheese (room temp)
- 1 large egg (room temp)
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/3 C sugar
- 1/2 can cherry pie filling (21-ounce can)
How to Make your Brownies with a Cherry Pie Filling
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Line 9 x 13″ baking pan with parchment paper.
3. In a large bowl with your electric mixer, beat the butter and sugar together until light and fluffy.
4. Add the vanilla and eggs to the butter mixture.
5. Mix well to combine.
6. Whisk the flour, cocoa, and salt together.
7. Add the flour mixture to the butter mixture.
8. Mix until combined.
9. Scoop 1/2 of the batter into the prepared pan.
10. Spread about half of this into the pan.
11. Set aside.
12. Using the electric mixer beat the cream cheese, egg, vanilla, and sugar together until light and fluffy.
13. Spoon the cream cheese mixer on top of the brownie batter.
14. Gently spread this over the brownie batter.
15. Scoop dollops of the cherry pie filling on top of the cheesecake layer.
16. Gently spread the cherry pie filling.
17. Scoop the rest of the brownie batter on top of the cherry pie layer.
18. Gently spread the brownie batter.
19. Bake at 350 degrees.
20. Bake for 35 minutes.
21. Allow cooling to room temp.
22. Chill in the refrigerator for several hours before cutting.