We love dried fruits and they make the perfect pretty jewels in this delicious white chocolate fudge that is so simple to make. You won’t believe how gorgeous this looks and when you give it to others as a Christmas gift they will be asking you for the recipe to share the love. Check out our other easy fudge recipes at the end of the instructions. So here you go our favourite fruit and nut fudge recipe.
Tips for making fudge at home
Fudge is one of our favourite edible Christmas gifts to give our friends, family and neighbours.
But, I always thought it would be so difficult, needing to monitor the temperature etc…
It’s not I promise you just need to follow these tips to make sure that your fudge combines perfectly, sets and you store it well.
Subscribe for Tasty Treats Straight to your Inbox
- Make sure not to overheat your fudge, burnt fudge is not nice, stir your mixture constantly either in the pan, double boiler, or in the slower cooker.
- Use either a wooden or silicone spatular/spoon for stirring. I’ve tried using a metal spoon and for some reason, it was a disaster so I usually use a wooden spoon especially if I’m making the fudge over the stove.
- Line a pan to make it easy to remove, we use parchment paper but you could use foil or silicone mats.
- Set thoroughly, cover your fudge, and place in the fridge. You will probably need to set the fudge for at least 3 – 4 hours if not longer
- When storing, place in an airtight container. You can store outside of the fridge for 7 – 14 days but in the fridge for 3 – 4 weeks.
What makes this an easy fudge recipe?
Classic and traditional fudge are complicated. I remember watching my grandmother make them with checking the temperatures and making sure that they boiled correctly so that the ingredients mixed and set well.
However, easy fudge which can be made in a pan, double boiler, microwave or slow cooker skips and swaps the ingredients making it easy for every home cook to make and is a show stopping Christmas gift.
More Christmas Fudge Recipes to Make
Check out these other delicious Christmas Fudges to make and give as gifts to friends, family and neighbours this year.
Try making some white chocolate and oreo fudge it’s a favourite with our kids friends.
How about some delicious salted caramel fudge this is perfect for those that love this flavour and tastes great.