If you look in my freezer apart from a pile of choc ices and ice pops you will also find boxes and bags of frozen pasta meat and vegetarian sauce. I tend to make up a huge vat around once a month and freeze it in portions for our family. Then use it in all sorts of recipes. This was a firm favourite with my kids when I made it the other week and is so simple to do. We got the ravioli off the reduced counter in the supermarket and I made up this in a few minutes. So here we go our easy family meal idea of Ravioli Lasagna a really easy kid-friendly pasta dish that the whole family will love as well.
Easy Mid-Week Lasagna
Quick and easy in the middle of the week is vital in our house. The kids have activities, I have meetings and we’re in a rush to get some great food into them. This recipe is one of my go-to recipes for simple and easy lasagna.
Using premade ravioli and a jar of sauce (or my homemade tomato and meat sauce from the freezer) it’s quick and easy to put together for 4 separate portions. Ideal on those days when people are coming and going at different times and I want everyone to have a nutritious meal.
Ingredients for Easy Ravioli Lasagna
- 2 jars pre-made marinara sauce
- 1 package frozen cheese ravioli
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese
How to Make this Simple Lasagna with Ravioli
1. Grease four individually sized casserole dishes and preheat oven to 400 degrees.
Subscribe for Tasty Treats Straight to your Inbox
2. Spread a thin layer of marinara sauce along the bottom of each dish.
3. Add a layer of ravioli along the top of the marinara sauce layer.
4. Top with another layer of marinara sauce and two ounces of cream cheese per dish cut into chunks.
5. Add another layer of ravioli topped with marinara sauce.
6. Finish by sprinkling a layer of mozzarella cheese on top of each dish.
7. Bake for 30 minutes or until sauce is bubbling and cheese on top of melted.
8. Allow to cool for 5 minutes before serving.
More Family Pasta Meals That The Kids Will Love
Love pasta like we do then check out these easy pasta dishes that are ideal for families and that even my fussy eaters will love.