Watermelon and Feta Salad
When it’s hot outside there is nothing better than this simple to put together easy summer salad. This Watermelon Mint Feta Salad is refreshing and delicious, the saltiness of the feta and the sweetness of the watermelon a perfect combination with the mint. As it’s takes minutes to make once your watermelon is cut it’s perfect for throwing together at the last minute for everyone to enjoy. So here you go my favourite summer salad recipe for watermelon and feta salad.
Easy Summer Salads
The long days of summer are perfect salad weather. Unless it’s on the outside grill I really don’t want to have the oven on indoors as there’s no air conditioning in our house it’s gets so hot. So simple salads that involve no cooking are the perfect side to some grilled meat. This easy salad for summer is so simple to make you’re going to want to bookmark it to find time and time again.
With feta cheese, watermelon and fresh mint from the garden this is one that even my fussiest kid enjoys.
Check out this advice from the RHS on how to grow mint – it’s so easy to do and nothing is better than growing and using your own herbs in your cooking.
Subscribe for Tasty Treats Straight to your Inbox
What are the ingredients for this simple watermelon salad
- 3 lbs of seedless watermelon, cubed small
- 1 tablespoon lemon or lime juice
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- ¼ cup fresh mint, roughly chopped
- 4 oz crumbled feta cheese
- sea salt and pepper to taste
How to make this Watermelon feta and mint salad
1. In a large bowl combine melon, freshly chopped mint, lemon or lime juice, olive oil
2. Toss gently together so that
3. Add feta and toss again until well combined
4. Serve immediately and enjoy!