Having fresh bread rolls with dinner can make a meal complete. With busy days and kids at events, the chance of actually being able to make bread the old-fashioned way is very slim. But these easy bread machine rolls are perfect for making and go great with dinner.
Bread Machine Dinner Rolls
These are so simple to make – like my Burger Bun recipe using the bread machine, it’s my go-to one when I want fresh rolls for dinner. The kids love them warm out of the oven, but even if you make them ahead they are great frozen and thawed a week or two later.
They are perfect for your weeknight dinner or make a great addition to your holiday meal (perfect for Thanksgiving and Christmas!). My bread machine is one of the most used machines in the kitchen with a basic white loaf most days cooking overnight and then rolls and more special breads at the weekend it fills the house with the smell of baking all the time!
Just getting started with bread making or things going slightly wrong? Check out our Top Tips for using your Bread Machine there are some great ideas to help.
Subscribe for Tasty Treats Straight to your Inbox
Ingredients for Bread Machine Dinner Rolls
- 1 cup warm water
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups flour
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 1-ounce package of active dry yeast
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
How to Make Rolls in a Bread Machine
1. Add the water, vegetable oil, egg, and salt to the bowl of the bread machine.
2. Top the liquid ingredients with the flour and sugar.
3. Make a well in the dry ingredients and add the yeast.
4. Set the bread machine to the white dough cycle.
5. When the cycle is finished, remove the dough from the bread machine and place it on a lightly floured surface. Cut the dough into 16 equal pieces.
6. Form each piece into a ball.
7. Place the dough balls on a greased baking sheet or baking dish. Cover the pan and place it in a warm spot to rise for 30 minutes, until the dough has doubled in size.
8. When ready to bake, preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Spread the melted butter over the tops of the rolls. Place the pan in the oven and bake for 15 to 18 minutes, until the tops of the rolls are golden brown.
9. Remove the pan from the oven and coat with a second layer of melted butter before serving, if desired.