Carrot Cake Cupcakes
These carrot cake cupcakes are delicious and what’s even better they came from my daughter playing around with a recipe she had made in school. We’ve added some nuts and fruit and created a cream cheese frosting for the top. But wow! They taste amazing and look so good. So here you go a delicious rich Carrot Cake Cupcake Recipe with Cream Cheese Icing from my daughter and I to you!
Carrot Cake Cupcakes with Cream Cheese Frosting
When my daughter brought home the recipe for Carrot Cake Cupcakes last week for cooking I was delighted it is one of my favourite flavours of cake so I was really looking forward to them. But they were a little bland.
Some kitchen experimentation and together we enhanced the flavour and topped it off with the perfect frosting, not too sweet and compliments the carrots, dried fruit, spices and nuts perfectly. So much nicer than the ones that she made in school.
The cream cheese frosting is fantastic it’s got a sharpness that brings out the sweet of the carrot cake perfectly. You’re going to want to make these time and time again so don’t forget to book mark the recipe or save it to Pinterest so you can find again.
Subscribe for Tasty Treats Straight to your Inbox
If you like carrot cake and have a waffle maker then why not try our Carrot Cake Waffles like these cupcakes they are delicious.
Ingredients for Carrot Cake Cupcakes
- 1 ¼ cup all-purpose flour
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- ½ tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- ¼ tsp nutmeg
- ¼ tsp ginger
- ½ cup butter, melted
- 2 large eggs, room temp
- 1 ½ tsp vanilla extract
- 1 ½ cup grated carrots
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
Ingredients for Cream Cheese Icing
- 8 oz cream cheese
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- ¼ cup sour cream
How to Make Carrot Cake Cupcakes with Cream Cheese Frosting
1. Preheat oven to 350F/180C and prepare a 12-count muffin tin with cupcake liners.
2. In a large bowl, whisk the dry ingredients: flour, baking soda, baking powder, sugars, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, and ginger.
3. In another bowl, whisk the wet ingredients: eggs, melted butter, and vanilla extract.
4. Combine the wet and dry ingredients and mix well.
5. Add the grated carrots and half the amount of walnuts. Stir until evenly combined.
6. Divide the batter evenly into each muffin cup and fill each one about ¾ full.
7. Bake at 350F for about 20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. The tops of the center of the cupcake should bounce back up when touched.
8. As it bakes, prepare the cream cheese frosting by beating all the ingredients in a large mixing bowl for about 2 minutes. You can use a handheld mixer or whisk by hand until smooth. Place in the fridge to firm up. When ready to use, give it a quick mix and put it into the piping bag.
9. Once the cupcakes are done baking, let them cool completely before decorating.
10. Apply the cream cheese frosting and garnish with the remaining walnuts. Enjoy!
More Delicious Cupcake Recipes
- Simnel Cupcakes for Easter Treats
- Red Velvet Cupcakes for Valentine’s Day
- Strawberry Cupcakes for the 4th of July