Easy and Quick Pizza Sauce Recipe
This quick and easy tomato-based pizza sauce recipe will have you enjoying a delicious homemade pizza in no time! If you’re in a hurry and craving that classic tomato flavor, this recipe is perfect for you. Ready to spread on your dough in just five minutes you’ll be amazed at how simple it is to create a flavorful sauce that will elevate your pizza to a whole new level. So grab your ingredients and let’s get started on making a mouthwatering tomato-based pizza sauce that will leave your taste buds wanting more!
Homemade Pizza Sauce
Whether you have some homemade pizza dough for a completely made-from-scratch meal or take your store-brought pizza base to a whole new level. This is the recipe that I reach for every Friday Pizza Night and just throw it together in the food processor and it’s ready to go.
With garlic and herbs it can be easily adjusted to your taste buds – I know that when my daughter makes it she tends to add in a couple of extra cloves of garlic.
So here’s the family favorite Pizza Sauce Recipe in the food processor!
Subscribe for Tasty Treats Straight to your Inbox
Ingredients for Quick Pizza Sauce
Enough for 4 pizzas
- 1 (14oz) can chopped tomatoes
- 1 (6oz) jar tomato paste
- 1 ½ tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- ½ teaspoon dried basil
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon crushed garlic
How to Make your Easy Pizza Sauce
1. Place all of the ingredients in a food processor.
2. Combine until smooth.
3. Spread over your pizza base!
Other Ideas for the Homemade Pizza Sauce
Why not serve it to dip our delicious pepperoni pizza dinner waffles or with some homemade pizza quesadillas?
Family Favourite Ideas for Pizza Toppings
Here are some quick and easy topping ideas for homemade pizza that even your kids can do:
- Classic Margherita: Let the kids have fun with this simple yet delicious option. They can top the pizza dough with this tomato sauce, add some mozzarella cheese, and fresh basil leaves. It’s a timeless combination that’s sure to be a hit.
- Veggie Delight: Encourage your kids to get creative with colorful vegetables. They can use sliced bell peppers (contrast with yellow or green against the sauce), cherry tomatoes, mushrooms, and olives as their toppings. Let them arrange the veggies in fun patterns to make the pizza visually appealing.
- Cheesy Pepperoni: For those who love a classic pepperoni pizza, let the kids place pepperoni slices on top of the cheese. They can arrange them in a neat pattern or even create fun faces or shapes using the slices.
- Hawaiian Twist: Kids can embrace the sweet and savory combination by adding pineapple chunks and ham to their pizza. It’s a tasty option that adds a unique flavor to the traditional pizza experience.
- Mini Meat Lovers: Let your little ones go all out with a meat lover’s pizza. They can choose from toppings like sliced sausage, bacon bits, ground beef, or even mini meatballs. It’s a hearty and flavorful choice.