Mini Egg Easter Cheesecake Recipe
There is one dessert that I love to make a cheesecake and this Mini Egg Easter Cheesecake is fantastic. I’ve made it extra spring-like with a little food coloring however you can easily leave that out and not affect the taste at all. Mini eggs are one of my favorite treats at Easter and we have some in the cupboard from when they first appear in the stores each year. This mini egg cheesecake is easy to make and perfect for Easter brunch with the family.
As the weather is warming up and spring is in the air cheesecakes are the perfect dessert – they are light and tasty and this one has the added extras of some Cadbury Mini Eggs dotted all over the top making it a delicious dessert that the kids love as well.
This is a baked cheese cake so there will be some cooking involved! I’ll share my no-cook Easter cheesecake at a later time it’s equally delicious but no baking is involved!
Ingredients for your Easter Egg Cheesecake
- 1 ½ cups graham cracker crumbs
- ¼ cup powdered sugar
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 8-ounce packages cream cheese, softened
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 2 eggs, room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Pink food coloring
- 2 cups mini chocolate Easter eggs
How to Make your Mini Egg Cheesecake
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
Subscribe for Tasty Treats Straight to your Inbox
2. Stir together the graham cracker crumbs, powdered sugar and butter until the mixture begins to stick together.
3. Transfer the graham cracker mixture to a 9-inch pie pan and press the crust into the bottom of the pan and up the sides.
4. Place the crust in the oven to bake for 10 minutes.
5. While the crust is baking, prepare the filling by beating together the cream cheese and sugar until smooth and well combined.
6. Add the eggs, food coloring, and vanilla extract and beat to mix.
7. Spread the cream cheese mixture in the baked crust and place the pan in the oven to bake for 30 minutes.
8. When the cook time is up, remove the pan from the oven and immediately top with mini chocolate eggs.
9. Allow the cheesecake to cool to room temperature, then transfer to the refrigerator to chill for at least 4 hours before serving.